November 18, 2006

Lightwait, I'm Afraid

Regular visitors may have remarked the absence of updates on my reading of Penguin's 'The Glass Books Of The Dream Eaters' (see my previous posts: Worth The Wait In Gold? & Wait Lifted), which was launched to great fanfare in October.

It's left me distinctly underwhelmed to the point where I've falled behind in my reading by two or three episodes (the publishers had me believe I'd be eagerly awaiting the next episode to arrive) and I couldn't care less what happens to the various characters.

I mentioned in a previous post that my teenage diaries strike me now as self-conscious and contrived. Dream Eaters suffers the same weakness. The most recent book arrived with an invitation to go online and share my experiences with other readers but I can't be bothered.

I really loved the original idea but don't believe it's been delivered successfully. What a pity.

No comments: